Key topics and important information related to hygiene to prevent spread of Covid-19:
And, remember, you can always get the best health information from the World Health Organization (WHO). Please make sure any information that you're spreading is backed up by a public health agency advice and published research.
1. Hand washing
- Even if hands look clean, they can still be dirty
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- demonstrate proper hand-washing technique
2. Social distancing
- try and stay one large step away from people (more than 1m)
- cover your mouth around sick people
3. How to Cough
- Always cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze!
- Best to cough into a napkin or cloth, and throw it away
- If you don't have it, then cough into your elbow (this is much better than coughing into your hand, which then transmits the disease to surfaces)
- Avoid getting closer than 2 arms lengths away from people.
- If you must greet someone, then use your elbow or your feet